Tulsa TechFest 2015
Dominick Montgomery, Owner, The Montgomery Group
I'm inspired by the vision and intricacies of internet marketing and motivated by creating great content that is effective in opening the doors for engagement.
At the beginning of 2015, I decided to venture off on my own after working for agencies for 5+ years. I grew tired of the "quantity-over-quality" method of thinking and started
The Montgomery Group
. TMG focuses on "digital brand advancement". We pride ourselves in actually taking the time to learn about a customer's company and provide them with whatever tools we feel will help them reach their goals quickly and affectively.
I embrace challenges, take educated risks, and learn from failures.
Why My Website Services Cost More Than Yours
In this talk I will cover 6 main points.
1) Self Branding - How to make yourself appear bigger and better than you are.
2) You Must Become A Teacher - Teaching your clients why what you're doing is important will build trust and will make it easier to charge them more. (This isn't being "sketchy" by any means!)
3) Learn One Theme and Learn It Well - Learning how to do everything within a certain Wordpress theme so that you free up time to learn more.
4) Monthly Maintenance - How much you should charge and how much value can you bring on a monthly basis.
5) Referrals - Personal experience on how my system generates more referrals than I can handle.
6) "For my portfolio" Projects - Finding value in building a website for someone for free.